Monday, May 19, 2014

Inspectors Suck (sometimes ;-)

Truth is, you want your inspector hard on you cause it can save your life.  But in this particular instance, the inspector sucks :)

During rough in, the inspector told me to put T-ply up in the unfinished area under a stairwell.  So I spent a weekend insulating and cutting T-ply sheets to install...


During the pre-final inspection he tells me that's not good enough and that I need to replace with fire-resistant drywall to meet code.  Yeah, thanks buddy.  It's much harder to do now that I closed down the access door to a smaller size after drywall.  Anyway, I ripped out everything this weekend and replaced with drywall...



Update 5/25... I taped and mudded it myself, probably the worse job ever, but who cares, it's in a small access door to unfinished space in the garage and will never been seen :)




No comments:

Post a Comment